Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This will be the first time I will be participating in the Top Ten Tuesday Feature!!!
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Authors That I’d Put On My Auto-Buy List (Basically an auto-buy list is no questions asked… You love this author so much that no matter what they wrote next you’d buy regardless of genre or subject matter!)
At first when trying to select my top ten I was trying to list them in order as well but I was having a hard time just trying to selecting my top ten that I couldn’t even dare to think of the torture that would have been involved in trying to rank them as well!!! There are just too many good authors out there!!! So here is my top ten… IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!
1. Cassandra Clare – Since it seems that she has found her niche and isn’t straying from it… I think it is pretty safe to say that anything that Cassandra Clare writes I will love! All of her published works revolve around the world that she created in The Mortal Instruments Series and in her non-published (fan fiction) works she wrote about Harry Potter! How can you not love her?
2. Rachel Caine – My favorite series of hers will always be the Morganville Vampire Series! However, her Weather Warden and Outcast series was something that definitely sucked me in right away… The plot and characters were something that was very unique from anything that I had read prior! Not to mention her new series The Revivalist! I am loving it!
3. J.R.R. Tolkien – I know that he is dead but come on! LORD OF THE RINGS… Enough said! Besides… I’ll just add this to include anything on or about him and his works. Some of the books that are being put out from the movies are absolutely beautiful!
4. J.K. Rowling – HARRY POTTER, HARRY POTTER and MORE HARRY POTTER! While J.K. has recently published a book that was not involving Harry Potter and it was less than to be desired but I am still willing to keep her on autobuy! The Casual Vacancy was a tough read… It was very dry and a little dull and boring at times but out of respect for the woman who gave the world Harry Potter I will keep supporting her in all of her future endeavors!
5. Jane Austen – Again I realize that she is no longer living but I love all of her works! One of my favorite classes that I have taken throughout my years in college was my Graduate Level Jane Austen class! It was an amazing class and a wonderful experience getting to reread all of her works and discuss them with fellow classmates who love her work just as much as I do! Not to mention, my professor is one of the people who writes the introductions in the novels printed by Cambridge Press and prepared the first full scholarly edition of Pride and Prejudice for the Cambridge Edition of the Works of Jane Austen. It was an amazing experience to learn from him and I was honored to be able to take his class!
6. Meg Cabot – I think my first week of posts (from myself and my friends on my other blog) dedicated to this author is enough of an explanation!
7. L.J. Smith – I am currently obsessed with anything and everything related to her! My current fixation is VAMPIRE DIARIES! However, I have read and loved all of her works! SPECIAL MENTION: Becareful when looking into L.J. Smiths works… recently a lot of her works are being taken over by a Ghostwriter! I plan on doing a post on this in the near distant future! Also, 10 YEARS! That is how long I have been waiting for the 10th book in her Night World Series! If that isn’t dedication to an author then I don’t know what is!
8. P.C. Cast – Her main focus in writing is on: Vampires, Gods/Goddess, & Mythology! Whats not to love?
9. Suzanne Collins – I loved her Hunger Games so much I would be more than willing to give anything that she writes in the future a shot without question!
10. Scott Westerfeld – I love how is writing is always so thought-provoking! For Example: His Uglies series… Read it and then relate it to todays society… See what you come up with! (Also, I recently did a review on the first book in the Uglies Series… Click here to read it!)
- Broke and the Bookish
- Cassandra Clare
- Catching Fire
- Harry Potter
- House of Night
- Hunger Games
- J.K. Rowling
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Jane Austen
- L.J. Smith
- Lord of the Rings
- Meg Cabot
- Morganville Vampires
- Mortal Instruments Series
- P.C. Cast
- Pride and Prejudice
- Rachel Caine
- Scott Westerfeld
- Secret Circle
- Suzanne Collins
- The Hobbit
- Top Ten
- Top Ten Tuesdays
- Vampire Diaries