Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught X 101
(Examples: YA Fantasy 101, Feminist Literature 101, Magic in YA 101, Classic YA Lit 101, World-Building 101)
Welcome to Pop Culture 101!
This is something that I have thought long and hard about.
For Example: I have lesson plans prepared and was a T.A. for a similar class but it focued soley on Tolkien and his works!
1. The Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine
2. *The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
3. Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
4. *Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
5. Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
6. *The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
7. Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
8. *Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
9. *The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
10. *The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The * are for the books and series that I would use for World Building 101!
- Broke and the Bookish
- C.S. Lewis
- Cassandra Clare
- Christopher Paolini
- Chronicles of Narnia
- Harry Potter
- Hunger Games
- Inheritance Cycle
- J.K. Rowling
- J.R.R. Tolkien
- Lord of the Rings
- Mortal Instruments
- Pop Culture
- Rachel Caine
- Stephenie Meyer
- Suzanne Collins
- The Hobbit
- The Morganville Vampires
- Top Ten
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Veronica Roth
- World Building